Emu Oil Research & Clinical Studies
Scientists and physicians have conducted many studies of emu oil's uses, including:
IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
Fatty Acid Analysis
Carrier Properties for Topical Lidocaine
Emu Oil Research and Clinical Studies
- Hobday GR. Emu oil. Australian Emu . July/August 1994.
- Rokicki R. The great emu comeback. Mother Earth News . October/November 2000:16-17.
- American Emu Association. AEA Oil Standards Team. International Emu Oil Standards . Revision 2. May 1998.
- Minnaar M. Introduction to emu oil: fats and oils in human health. In: Minnaar P, Minnaar M, Minnaar P. The Emu Farmers Handbook . Vol 1. Groveton, TX: Myoni Publishing Co.; 1997.
- Whitehouse MW, Turner AG, Davis CKC, Roberts MS. Emu oil(s): A source of non-toxic anti-inflammatory agents in aboriginal medicine. Inflammopharmacology . 1998;6:1-7.
- Politis MJ, Dmytrowich A. Promotion of second intention wound healing by emu oil lotion: comparative results with furasin, polysporin, and cortisone. Plast Reconstr Surg . 1998;102:2404-2407.
- Lopez A, Sims DE, Ablett RF, et al. Effect of emu oil on auricular inflammation induced with croton oil in mice. Am J Vet Res . 1999;60:1558-1561.
- Yoganathan S, Nicolosi R, Wilson T, et al. Antagonism of croton oil inflammation by topical emu oil in CD-1 mice. Lipids . 2003;38:603-607.
- Penturf M, O'Bannon S, Griswold J. Evaluation of emu oil in lubrication and treatment of healed burned wounds. Presented at: Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association ; March 18-21, 1998; Chicago, IL.
- "Looking Into Emu Oil" . By Frank Orthoefer. ACH Food Companies
- "Fatty Acid Composition: Comparative Analysis of Emu, Ostrich, and Rhea Oil" . By M C. Craig-Schmidt and K R Willian, Department of Nutrition and Food Science. Auburn University
- "Structure of Emu Oil - Emu Oil Fatty Acid Analysis". By Margaret C. Craig-Schmidt, Ph.D., Amanda Brown M.S., Paul C. Smith, D.V.M., Ph.D. Auburn University
- "Emu Oil Processing and Properties". By E. Hernandez, Ph.D. Food Protein Research & Development Center. Texas A&M University
- Bennett, G. Gatherings of a Naturalist in Australasia, John Van Voorst, London, 1860
- Code, W (1997) Emu Cream Assists Lidocaine: Local Anesthetic Absorption through Human Skin. 88th American Oil Chemists Society annual meeting, May 1997. Reprinted from AEA News, Summer 1997 issue
- Craig-Schmidt M and K.R. Willian, K.R. (1997) Fatty Acid Composition: Comparative analysis of emu, ostrich and rhea oil.
- Abstracts: 88th AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo, Seattle WA, May 1997
- Davies, Max (pers comm). Emu Oil – The Benefits and the Claims. Davies, Stephen (1996) Australian Emu 11:6-8
- Ghosh, P and Whitehouse, M.W (1993) Experimental Study to Determine the Anti-Arthritic Activity of a New Emu Oil
- Hernandez, E (1995) Emu Oil Processing and Properties. AEA News, November 1995
- Hopkins, L (1997). Composition of Emu Oil: The Micro View. Reprinted from AEA News, Spring 1997 issue
- Johns, J. G, (1996). Oil markets and Marketing. Proceedings World Emu Symposium. Adelaide. Ed. Keogh, K. Hartley. Management Group. SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
- Johns, J. G, (1996) Oil Production Techniques and Standards. Proceedings World Emu Symposium. Adelaide. Ed. Keogh, K. Hartley Management Group. SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
- Minnaar, Maria (1998). The Emu Farmers Handbook. Nyoni Publishing, TEXAS USA.
- Smith, P.C and Craig-Schmidt, M. (1995). Fatty acid analysis of Emu oil. Australian Emu 4:33-34. (Also in AEA News, September 1994).
- St George Marketing Solutions. (1997). Marketing Plan for Emu Oil, grade 1 for the Australian Emu Industry. Kinko,s International Australia, SYDNEY. Thompson, P (1997) Oils Aint Oils. Australian 17:8-9
- Whitehouse, Michael (1997) Results of Oil Research. Australian Emu 17:8-9.
- Whitehouse, M.W and Turner A (1997) Inflammopharmacology, San Francisco, March 1997 conference proceedings. Reprinted from AEA News, Summer 1997 issue)
- Zemstov, Alexander, Gaddis, Monica, and Montalvo-Lugo, Victor. (1995). Moisturising and cosmetic properties of Emu oil: a double blind study. Australian Emu 6:31-33. (Also in AEA News, October/November 1994).17
- Fukushima M, Ohashi T, Sekikawa M, Nakano M. Comparative hypocholesterolemic effects of five animal oils in cholesterol-fed rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1999;63:202-5.
- Lopez A, Sims DE, Ablett RF, et al. Effect of emu oil on auricular inflammation with croton oil in mice (abstract). Am J Vet Res 1999;60:1558-61.
- Politis MJ, Dmytrowich A. Promotion of second intention wound healing by emu oil lotion: comparative results with furasin, polysporin, and cortisone. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998;102:2404-7.
- Zemtsov A, Gaddis M, Montalvo-Lugo VM, Zemstov A. Moisturizing and cosmetic properties of emu oil: a pilot double blind study. Australas J Dermatol 1996;37:159-61.
- Snowden JM, Whitehouse MW. Anti-inflammatory activity of emu oils in rats. Inflammopharmacology . 1997;5:127-132.
- Explore: Emu Oil Research: Emu Oil: The Undiscovered Secret
- “Emu Oil (S): A Source of Non-Toxic Transdermal Anti-Inflammatory Agents in Aboriginal Medicine”; Inflammopharmacology. 1998; 6: 1-8.1997 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed I the Netherlands. Drs: M.W. Whitehouse, A.G. Turner, C.K.C. Davis and M. S. Roberts.39.
- “Gatherings of a naturalist in Australasia”. London: John Van Voorst, Paternoster Row: 1860.
- “Emu Oil – Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties” – Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation Report. RIRDC Publication No. 99/133; RIRDC Project No DAW-82A; Dr John M. Snowden.
- “Evalauation of Emu Oils for Anti-inflammatory Activities” by Dr Margaret Craig-Schmidt, Dr Michael Wellesley Whitehouse PhD in Chemistry University Oxford and MP Ghosh.
- Experimental Study to Determine the Anti-Arthritic Activity of New Emu Oil Formulation (EMMP). (1993). By: Dr. Peter Ghosh at Royal North Shore Hospital of Sydney, Australia and Dr. Michael Whitehouse at University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Fatty Acid Analysis of Emu Oil. By: Dr. Paul Smith, Dr. Margaret Craig-Schmidt, Amanda Brown at Auburn University.
- Fatty Acid Composition: Comparative analysis of emu, ostrich and rhea oil. By: Dr. Margaret Craig-Schmidt and K.R. William at Auburn University. (1996)
- International Emu Oil Guidelines. By: The AEA Oil Standards Team, Lee D. Smith (Team Leader) (1997).
- Emu Oil: Comedogenicity Testing. By: Department of Dermatology, at University of Texas Medical School, Houston.
- Moisturizing and Cosmetic Properties of Emu Oil: A Double Blind Study. By: Dr. Alexander Zemtsov, Indiana University School of Medicine: Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ball Memorial Hospital; and Dr. Victor Montalvo-Lugo, Ball Memorial Hospital.
- Composition of Emu Oil: The Micro View. By: Dr. Leigh Hopkins, AEA Oil Standards Team (Research Leader) .
- Emu Cream Assists Lidocaine: Local Anesthetic Absorption through Human Skin. By: Dr. William Code. (Presented at the 88th American Oil Chemists Society annual meeting.
- Emu Oil: A Source of Non-Toxic Transdermal Anti-Inflammatory Agents in Aboriginal Medicine (1997). By: Dr. Michael Whitehouse and Athol Turner, Dept. Of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia (Source: Inflammapharmacology, San Francisco, March 1997 conference proceedings).
- Anti Aging Treatment Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation & Natural Results. Melb & Shepparton.
- Emu Oil Offers Protection in Crohn's Disease Model in Rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016; 16: 55.
- Emu Oil Reduces Small Intestinal Inflammation in the Absence of Clinical Improvement in a Rat Model of Indomethacin-Induced Enteropathy. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2013, Article 429706.